Friday, June 10, 2011

Introducing Lee Lee the Lion

So, as you can tell I am not the best blogger.  I need to get better about it, but being new to blogging I have a little anxiety about it.  I promise I will get better.

I am so pleased to introduce you to Lee Lee the Lion.  I love this fun little friend - he (or she) bring a smile to  my face because when I look at him he just seems so happy.  Does that sound weird?  Probably. This fun guy is darling as a boy or a girl and can be made in any fun fabric.  You will be seeing the pattern pop up on various online stores (Fat Quarter Shop has it now) as well as in local quilt shops around the country. 

Here is a picture of my nephew holding Lee Lee:

This is made from Lila Tueller's fun new fabric line Lola's Posies.  She is a designer that works with Riley Blake Designs.

Lee Lee is named after my youngest sister Liesl.  I have always called her Lee Lee and was so excited to name my newest pattern after her.  Anyone that knows Liest knows what an easy person she is to get along with and be around.  I love her to death and think that she is one of the best people I know.  Even though I am 11 years older than her we are such close friends and know that she always has my back.  About 10 years ago we I moved back home after being gone for many years.  Liesl and I were the only kids living back at my parents house.  We did everything together and were closer than ever.  Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and relive some of the great memories I have.  Love ya Lee Lee!

Here is the picture that I used for the cover:

Finished size: 20" X 4" X 12"
Total fabric needed: 1 yard
Fabric in this picture is "Alphabet Soup" by Riley Blake Designs.

I will post more pictures of Lee Lee later.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome...I have a grand-daughter that would love this...my little Toots is all over my blog...My Joy!

    ReplyDelete